To help you navigate through the WI Dept. of Safety and Professional Services website we’ve done the searching for you and have pulled the specific links you’ll need to find the information you’re searching for, listed below in six categories. Just click on the link you need:
- Which Building Credential Do I Need?
- Dwelling Contractor Certification
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Application Forms
- Trades Credential Renewal Information: http://dsps.wi.gov/Licenses-Permits/TradesRenewalInfo
- Builder Credential Search Menu – Click this link to find your current information on either:
Dwelling Contractor Certification (DCC – your business license) or
Dwelling Contractor Qualifier (DCQ – your educational credential)
You may click on either of the following:
Trades Credential/License Search. Enter your specific credential or license ID, or
Trades Credential/License Advanced Search. Select your credential/license type, select ANY, enter your zip code, and your last or business name
Please note: Consumers have access to this information. Be sure to keep your credentials up-do-date!
- UDC Codes and Administrative Codes – UDC can be accessed for free on the website by clicking on this link.
- To contact the Dept. of Commerce Safety & Buildings Department staff about licensing/credentials:
- By phone: Trades & Credentialing (608) 261-8467. Due to the high volume of calls, you may experience a delayed answer; however, you may leave a message and will receive a callback.
- Via E-mail: DspsSbCredentialing@wi.gov